Based in Copenhagen, Denmark
24 Oct, 2013
Forced is a challenging one- to four-player co-op arcade action RPG with puzzle and tactical elements. You are cast as slaves in the toughest fantasy gladiator school of them all, condemned to fight to the death, all the while attempting to win your freedom. You will face deadly trials and huge creatures, but Balfus, your Spirit Mentor will guide you in your quest to break the chains of oppression.
Forced started as a student project in a University in Copenhagen (AAU-Cph). Built from the ground up with cooperation in mind, the game features several innovative features that drive cooperation between players, leaving egotistical players bleeding in the sand of the arena floor.
- 1-4 Player Co-Op
- 25 Arenas and 5 Bosses
- Four Weapon Classes
- The Spirit Mentor
- Co-op Combat System
- No randomness
- Smart enemy AI
Forced Console Release Trailer YouTube
Official Launch Trailer YouTube
Official FORCED Trailer 2013 YouTube
Images & Screenshots
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Danish Game - Danish Game Awards 2014" 31 January 2014
- "Best Danish Game, Best Game Design, and Best Visuals - SpilPrisen 2014" 14 April 2014
- "Best Game with 3D Graphics - Intel Level Up 2013" 15 March 2013
- "Surprise of the Year - GameReactor" 2013
- "Danish Game of the Year - Gameplay Magazine" 2013
- "Best Gameplay - Gamescom - Indie Vault" 27 August 2013
- "Impressions: Forced Demo"
- , Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "FORCED Developers Speak With IGHQ About Kickstarter and Greenlight"
- , Indie Game HQ
- "FORCED Seeks funding, boasts co-op arena combat"
- , The Indiegame Magazine
- "The image that saved our Kickstarter"
- , Gamasutra
- "Co-Op and the BetaDwarf Interview"
- , Co-Optimus
- "These Developers Live Together To Create The Ultimate Co Op Game"
- , Cult of Mac
- "YouTube FSG Presents: 40 minutes of gameplay in Forced"
- , ForceSC2strategy
- "GameReactor preview of FORCED"
- (In Danish), GameReactor
- "Sociale medier redder de danske BetaDwarf"
- (In Danish), TV2
- "Nyt dansk spil kan blive international succes"
- (In Danish), Ekstra Bladet
Forced on Kickstarter
Our Kickstarter campaign alturl.com.
Forced on Steam
FORCED: Slightly Better Edition store.steampowered.com.
Betadwarf YouTube channel
Features Forced related Videos youtube.com.
Request FORCED Key keymailer.co.
About BetaDwarf Entertainment
BetaDwarf Entertainment is a Danish game development company that started with a bunch of guys sleeping in a university classroom for 7 months trying to learn game development. Through hard work, a kickstarter and a bank loan the team made it to release FORCED. We focus on fun and challenging game experiences and a multitude of platforms, but mostly those which are for the hardcore gamers - Playstation, Xbox and PC. We are not a huge team but we have some quite ambitious goals. We wish to offer high quality products with the help of our growing community. We develop our games as a solid standalone product with patches added regularly and DLC later if the community likes it. We look forward to offering gamers awesome gameplay experiences. -The BetaDwarf Crew
More information on BetaDwarf Entertainment, our logo & relevant media are available here.
CEO, Game Director
Martin Prestegaard Lehnsdal