Based in Copenhagen, Denmark
24 Oct, 2013
Forced is a challenging one- to four-player co-op arcade action RPG with puzzle and tactical elements. You are cast as slaves in the toughest fantasy gladiator school of them all, condemned to fight to the death, all the while attempting to win your freedom. You will face deadly trials and huge creatures, but Balfus, your Spirit Mentor will guide you in your quest to break the chains of oppression.
Forced started as a student project in a University in Copenhagen (AAU-Cph). Built from the ground up with cooperation in mind, the game features several innovative features that drive cooperation between players, leaving egotistical players bleeding in the sand of the arena floor.
- 1-4 Player Co-Op
- 25 Arenas and 5 Bosses
- Four Weapon Classes
- The Spirit Mentor
- Co-op Combat System
- No randomness
- Smart enemy AI
Forced Console Release Trailer YouTube
Official Launch Trailer YouTube
Official FORCED Trailer 2013 YouTube
Images & Screenshots
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Danish Game - Danish Game Awards 2014" 31 January 2014
- "Best Danish Game, Best Game Design, and Best Visuals - SpilPrisen 2014" 14 April 2014
- "Best Game with 3D Graphics - Intel Level Up 2013" 15 March 2013
- "Surprise of the Year - GameReactor" 2013
- "Danish Game of the Year - Gameplay Magazine" 2013
- "Best Gameplay - Gamescom - Indie Vault" 27 August 2013
- "Impressions: Forced Demo"
- , Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "FORCED Developers Speak With IGHQ About Kickstarter and Greenlight"
- , Indie Game HQ
- "FORCED Seeks funding, boasts co-op arena combat"
- , The Indiegame Magazine
- "The image that saved our Kickstarter"
- , Gamasutra
- "Co-Op and the BetaDwarf Interview"
- , Co-Optimus
- "These Developers Live Together To Create The Ultimate Co Op Game"
- , Cult of Mac
- "YouTube FSG Presents: 40 minutes of gameplay in Forced"
- , ForceSC2strategy
- "GameReactor preview of FORCED"
- (In Danish), GameReactor
- "Sociale medier redder de danske BetaDwarf"
- (In Danish), TV2
- "Nyt dansk spil kan blive international succes"
- (In Danish), Ekstra Bladet
Forced on Kickstarter
Our Kickstarter campaign alturl.com.
Forced on Steam
FORCED: Slightly Better Edition store.steampowered.com.
Betadwarf YouTube channel
Features Forced related Videos youtube.com.
Request FORCED Key keymailer.co.
About BetaDwarf Entertainment
BetaDwarf started with a group of people squatting in a University classroom for 7 months until that day came where they were discovered and thrown out.. Luckily they found a house and lived together for 3 years, while completing a Kickstarter campaign, taking a private bank loan and ultimately releasing their first game FORCED. See that popular imgur picture story here.
The ambitious team from Denmark/Copenhagen has since then made Forced Showdown, been joined by the glorious London Venture Partners and is now fully focused on making Minion Masters - the best real time card game with co-op on PC and Console.
Targeting core gamers, BetaDwarf is doing free-to-play the fun way - and the way they’d like to play it, they are also playing Minion Masters daily, so you might find a match with them.
More information on BetaDwarf Entertainment, our logo & relevant media are available here.
CEO, Game Director
Martin Prestegaard Lehnsdal